Wednesday, May 20, 2009

BUCK YOU, TEACHER

I teach a lot of young kids who have trouble grasping pronouns. This is troublesome because they love ratting each other out, and so when they're trying to tell me something, it will usually come out like this: Teacher! You [pointing to the perpetrator] buck you me! (It's weird hearing really young children yell, "buck you!") They will also say, "teacher! Bad talking!"

If they don't know how to verbally explain what the other kid had done, the offended will mime and moan what happened, like so: Teacher! You [pointing to the perpetrator and making weird moaning noises while miming the offending action] me!

This was cute at first, but this shit starts to wear you down after 11 months. I've taught them the meaning of "I don't care." It's gotten to the point where I'll high-five the perpetrator just so they'll stop trying to get one another in trouble.

Yeah, I'm a great teacher! (This was actually shown in gifts, as I got the most out of all the foreign teachers in my school on Teacher's Day.)

No comments: